What are you eating for breakfast today? Let me guess: peanut butter and jelly stuffed challah french toast. No? Your not? Oh bummer! Why don’t you whip some up right now and smile for the rest of the day!
- challah bread, cut thick
- peanut butter
- your favorite jam
- eggs (2-3 for 4 or 5 slices of challah)
- vanilla extract
- Beat eggs in a medium bowl. Add milk just until the eggs turn a light yellow. Add vanilla and cinnamon to taste.
- Cut a slit into each slice of challah. Stuff with peanut butter and jam.
- Soak each slice in the egg mixture, for 5-7 minutes depending upon how thick your slices are.
- Cook soaked bread on a slightly buttered or oiled pan just until the eggs cook and the bread turns golden brown.
- Dowse with maple syrup and serve hot. Garnish with powdered sugar if desired.
- Smile all day long.